About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a stay-at-home wife and mother. I have been wondering how to save my family money. When it came right down to it, we had pinched as much as we could and I knew our grocery bill was my last resort. There are things that we buy that I know cost way too much. I have found some really inexpensive recipes, alternatives and tips for things on my grocery bill and just stuff around our house. I want to share these money saving tips with all of you and also get some new ideas from you. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Homemade Shampoo


HOMEMADE SHAMPOO
  • 1/4 cup distilled water
  • 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap - I prefer unscented so that I can add my favorites scent
  • 1/2 teaspoon essential oil (tea tree oil will help with dandruff)

Mix together all the ingredients. Store in a bottle. Shake before use.
This mixture isn't as thick as commercial shampoos - you'll need to just tilt the bottle over your head.
 
*You can add ¼ tsp of xanthum gum powder to make it less runny and more gel-like.
*I have found that local health food stores will carry these items, but some small hardware stores do too.
*This recipe can also be use for hand soap!  

No comments:

Post a Comment